Improving quality reproductive health information and services
In Sub-Saharan Africa, the lack of access to quality reproductive health information and services, as well as social and economic pressures on women, often lead to early marriage and early childbearing. The inequities and obstacles to care, combined with a rapidly growing youth population, exacerbate poor health outcomes and weaken already overburdened systems.
We support efforts that:
- Ensure quality across a range of reproductive health services, including contraception, abortion, and post-abortion care
- Expand comprehensive sexuality education in schools and communities
- Build local and regional movements to advance political and financial support for sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Ethiopia, nationally and in Oromia
- Targeted investments in Rwanda and Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Exploratory investments in regional initiatives to support advocacy
How to Get Support
The Population and Reproductive health program is not accepting unsolicited proposals, but welcomes your ideas for funding requests. Before you send a request, please review this page. If your work is aligned with the program strategy and geographic focus, please send your request using the form here.