Job Title: Administrative Coordinator (Temporary, Full-Time, Nonexempt)
Job Number: 19-01-Temp
About the Packard Foundation
We are a family foundation, guided by the enduring business philosophy and personal values of Lucile and David Packard, who helped found one of the world’s leading technology companies. We continue to invest on the issues our founders cared about most: improving the lives of children, families, and communities; advancing reproductive health and rights; restoring and protecting our planet; and supporting and strengthening an array of local nonprofit organizations. We invest in organizations and leaders, collaborate with them to identify strategic solutions, and support them over time to reach common goals.
For 2019, we expect to make grantmaking awards of approximately $350 million. A staff of 130 conducts the Foundation’s day-to-day operations and the Board of Trustees oversees our work. We are proud that our staff and leadership team are deeply engaging on our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace and in our grantmaking.
About Evaluation and Learning
One of the most important questions for our Foundation is, “How are we doing?” We care about what grant funds accomplish, as well as how we do that grantmaking, engage with grantees, and improve over time. Our monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) approach is guided by these Principles. Our MEL work is a shared responsibility across Foundation staff, grantee partners, and our external research and evaluation partners. The Evaluation and Learning (E&L) team provides leadership, guidance, and tools for MEL across the Foundation and ensures that all programs have the mechanisms and capacity in place to effectively learn about how they are doing and use these insights to optimize program impact.
This is a multi-faceted role offering the opportunity to work on a range of projects and tasks across a range of departments and program areas. You will apply your skills across data and document management, technology systems, quality assurance, and administrative as well as provide operational support to advance the Foundation’s mission. Additionally, you will be exposed to various projects and supported to grow your evaluation and data analysis skills.
The Administrative Coordinator will report to the Evaluation and Learning Director.
E&L Team Support
- Maintains Foundation Learning Calendar including coordinating with various Foundation staff to update, analyze, and communicate upcoming cross-Foundation learning events
- Supports production of Foundation-wide reporting, data queries, and ad hoc requests for strategy dashboards
- Assist in testing and documenting bugs, blockers, and enhancements in monitoring platform to ensure quality and functionality
- Participates in E&L team meetings
- Provides administrative support for E&L Director and team scheduling
- Suggest and implement improvements to department processes and increase efficiencies
- Represent the E&L team and the Foundation in a positive way in all interactions
- Complete special projects as assigned
Skills and Requirements
- A passion for learning and helping others learn about program impact through data
- Skilled in building relationships that smooth work; work well with others in a professional, courteous, culturally sensitive, and tactful manner
- Experience working effectively and well with others; highly dependable and trustworthy
- Excellent judgment and attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated experience in document management, production, and data visualization skills
- Project management skills and experience in documenting and implementing process improvements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and comfortable and skilled with technology
- Ability to work independently and on a team, manage time efficiently and meet timelines, prioritize and complete multiple tasks, and remain calm and constructive under pressure
- Ability to anticipate information needed as work develops
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and to the nonprofit sector
Education and Work Experience
A minimum of 5 years of relevant administrative support work experience with a BA degree – or an equivalent combination of education and work experience – is required.
Location and Duration
This position is located in downtown Los Altos, CA.
The duration of this temporary role is anticipated to be January-December 2019. The position will be payrolled through an outside company. Hourly rate is commensurate with related work experience.
Candidate must have the ability to communicate via voice telephone, read and understand written communication, and generate written communication manually and using a computer. Candidate must also be able to work at a desk for long periods of time (2-3 hours), lift and move documents and supplies (not to exceed 20 lbs.), and bend to file or retrieve documents.
Please send an email referring to job number 19-01-Temp in the subject line with a resume and a one-page targeted cover letter explaining your interest in this position and how your skills and work experience fit the position to email@example.com.
No phone inquiries, please.
Principal applicants only.